Fire extinguishing agent Forrex
The basis of Dafo Vehicle’s system is the suppression agent Forrex™ which is specially developed to suppress fires in combustion engines. Forrex™ is highly effective on flammable liquid fires like petrol, diesel, and hydraulic oils. The system combines the features of liquid and dry chemicals, includes unique and propriety tailormade solutions, and offers outstanding flame knockdown and unique protection against re-ignition as it will cool down the overheated engine parts in case of a thermal event.
The benefits of ForrexTM
• Proprietary blend - The Forrex is Dafo’s own proprietary blend. The included surfactants improve the fluidity and fire-extinguishing performance of Forrex.
• Effective Flame Knockdown – Forrex is discharged through overlapping fields of spray, which coats all engine areas and cuts off the fuels’ oxygen supply.
• High penetration capability - Forrex sprays droplets are slightly coarse but small enough to create an area of liquid film cooling layer that absorbs the radiant heat. Forrex is also extremely effective at following the outline of the engine components in the risk area to ensure it reaches every part where the fire may be. This is particularly important for flammable liquid fires.
• Excellent cooling - Forrex effectively reduces the temperature on any superheated surfaces below the ignition points of any flammable liquid.
• Prevents reignition – increased heat absorption with the ability to cling on
3-dimensional surfaces and exclude oxygen.
• Clean up after discharge – In discharge, it is easy to clean off with water.
• Freeze protection down to -50° C
• Environmentally friendly
• Non-hazardous - No risk for personnel during discharge
• Resistant to ageing