A new fire detection solution – designed explicitly for damaged EVs, secured transports and service and maintenance.
How to place the sensors
When a damaged vehicle is placed on a tow truck, in quarantine or in a workshop, EV- Guard is a portable detection system which continuously monitors the whole vehicle for early signs of ventilation, thermal runaway and fire risk.
It uses sensors to immediately detect smoke emissions, which are placed in four high-risk areas:
- Under the bonnet
- Inside the vehicle
- On either side of the vehicle where the high-pressure valve of the battery sits.
How the sensors work
If smoke is detected, the sensors will produce a loud siren signal, flashing light and email notification, which either:
- Alerts the workshop staff and tow truck drivers to take necessary actions and precautions
- Can be connected to the fire alarm, which can enable the first responders to take necessary actions and precautions.
Through early detection of thermal runaway, EV-Guard:
- Can reduce necessary EV quarantine and downtime
- It makes the work environment safer for workshop staff and tow truck drivers
With the increasing use of EVs, the risk of thermal runaway has escalated. At Dafo Vehicle Fire Protection AB, we are working to make electrification safe by focusing on preventing/delaying thermal runaways.
We have identified groups that need quick and early detection of potential thermal runaway ignition to make it possible for them to take appropriate actions quickly. These are Auto Mechanics and people working with Automotive Quarantine.
Auto Mechanics at a workshop can fit sensor modules to the EV before work is started. They can follow procedures and evacuate the workshop if the sensors start alarming.
Quarantine facilities are used to store damaged EVs while waiting for an investigation by a forensics team or repair. The solution will reduce the quarantine time and make the entire process faster.
Please get in touch if you want to know more about the product or become a distributor.
CONTACT OUR REPRESENTATIVE
Risk Management Specialist